1. May is less than a week away! We're going with the standard approach to the month, a.k.a. hold on for dear life and trust that we always end up in June somehow.
2. Gracie was invited to a birthday party last Saturday that Bridget tagged along to. Lucky thing, too, because she got to take home one of the coolest birthday party favors ever:
Balloon Ariel! Gracie didn't go home empty-handed, either:
3. In the previous almost 17 years of Air Force life, I have never been stopped for a full car search at the gate. In the last week, I have been stopped twice. [Note: apologies to Matt for the smell of German Shepherd drool in the Subaru this morning. He was already asleep by the time I got back from gymnastics pickup/full car search, and I forgot to tell him this morning.] Last week it was after the three hour spectacle of four dentist appointments/getting everyone back to their respective schools; last night it was after a three hour gym for Gracie and Maddie. Gracie was not enthused. I think I need to buy a lottery ticket this week.
4. Speaking of Gracie, doesn't she look like a big girl all of a sudden?
6. As it turned out, I didn't get to run in the Bring the Spring Bunny Dash 5K this weekend because of some schedule issues, but we still helped out. Maddie worked hard taking registrations and assigning bibs, Gracie managed the receipt and arrangement of donated bunnies (they received 272 just that morning!) and Bridget mostly just ran around with her bunny ears on.
7. I would like to point out that today, Wednesday April 25, the Cleveland Indians are in first place in the Central Division. I am northeastern Ohio enough to not extrapolate on this.
8. I delivered pictures last night from the newborn photo shoot I did two weeks ago. The standard baby photos turned out really well but some of my favorites are the less traditional ones like these:
Baby G is awfully chill and cute...
...and look at that beautiful new mama.
Our actual copy of Any Day a Beautiful Change arrived on Monday; while I've had an early proof copy for months on the computer, Matt decided to wait until the real thing was ready to read it. He promptly stayed up until 2 am on Monday night to finish it. It's that good.
Design Challenges starts tomorrow! It's not too late to register. I had so much fun creating the content for this class... there is just something about a challenge brings out the best in everyone. Join me!