1. I am 90% done with the shopping portion of Christmas gifts and about 10% done with the making portion of Christmas gifts. Gold star for me! We'll see if I actually get things mailed on time. Mailing on time = Achilles Heel.
2. My Christmas cards are designed and ordered! I noticed on my way to Maddie's school today for an emergency forgotten item drop-off that there is an auto body shop on South Greeley Highway that uses very similar fonts in its signage as I used on my Christmas card. Heh. Uhm.
3. As of today I am officially the Scripps National Spelling Bee coach for Maddie's school. I have a log-in to the website and everything. Now I just have to figure out how to coach spelling and run a spelling bee. Again: Heh. Uhm.
4. She sleeps exactly the same way as she did when she was three.
5. I did some blog maintenance last night; photo albums are listed like normal again, sidebars are cleaned up a little, and there is a link to a new blog-garage sale page that I hope to continue adding things to on a regular basis. Right now it's just the gargantuan Halloween supply box, but more is coming. Oh! I updated my 52 Projects album, too.
6. While we were at the eye doctor's office last week, Gracie and I entertained ourselves by taking pictures of interesting things in the magazines available. Gracie took this picture for Maddie:
And I took this one from some sort of southern living magazine (interesting choice for Cheyenne):
This is NOT what I wore to watch the Ohio State vs. Michigan game, for the record. My team spirit looked more like pajamas. Is this real? Do people really wear sequined dresses to watch football in their own homes?
7. Related news: Gracie is extremely unhappy that she can't get glasses yet because her eyes aren't bad enough. [all the Willis and Dillow family members just rolled their eyes]
8. I have a new favorite pie (OK, OK, almost all pie is my favorite):
I made two of these for Thanksgiving—one stayed here, one went out to the field. Here's the recipe, adapted from Laurie Colwin. I feel very smart because I know who Laurie Colwin is and I even read one of her books a long time ago. I have enough cranberries left over from Thanksgiving week that I might make another one. Cranberries are good for you!
9. Gracie got selected to be Frosty the Snowman in her school's Christmas program. She is VERY EXCITED.
10. This post is a little light on Bee, so here's a November picture of her... from five years ago.