I missed last week's Lists With Friends because I came down with some sort of terrible burning chest sickness in which I practically (or actually did) burst into tears every time I had to cough... I went to bed at 7:30 pm on Thursday, got up from 6-7:30 am on Friday to see the girls off to school, then promptly went back to bed and slept until 2:30. I've been right about 80% ever since, which seems a little unfair because once you've slept a bazillion hours, shouldn't you wake up at at least 94%? Since that time, I've mostly been hanging out under the radar because of the long-standing rule Thou Shalt Not Blog With a Bad Atittude, which I have had in spades lately. In addition to being sick, here's a brief summary why:
1. SOMETIMES IT STINKS TO BE A GROWNUP.
2. MOVING STINKS.
3. CHEATERS STINK.
4. BLOG IDENTITY CRISIS.
5. I SUFFERED AN ENORMOUS SPLINTER INJURY UNDER MY RIGHT THUMBNAIL.
6. MY FAVORITE FROSTY MUG HAS A CHIP IN IT.
Clearly, this rule is in place for a reason, because I just become more and more ridiculous as the Bad Attitude persists. I dislike dead blog air tremendously, though, so here's another list where I try harder to think up good things going on.
1. My mama sent me some old Polaroid film (the real stuff!) and an Omar Vizquel bobblehead today as part of the Great Basement Cleanout.
4. Lots of new work on my plate for Big Picture.
5. Kaleidoscope stamps.
6. Bridget's knack for financing her rock-n-roll lifestyle by finding money EVERYWHERE. She keeps her found money in the car (almost $4.00 in small coins since April of 2013 or so) but decided to put only the nickel of her latest find in her bandit savings and spend the rest on an Icee at gym.
7. Bridget's cutie hair cut she got on Saturday at a place called Saturday's, which resulted in a ponytail to send off to Pantene Beautiful Lengths (her idea!). She suffers from the same disorder I do though, which is to say, her haircut looked incredibly stunning on Saturday and slightly less stunning on Sunday and like a wild urchin who slept in a tent after a shower and a good night's sleep just in time for Monday morning. How, HOW do those hair cut ladies do that with a hairdryer? But still. Better wild and urchin-y than long and scraggly (and wild and urchin-y).
8. Discovering that a 23 year old Jim Carrey was the star of the very first most-inappropriate-PG-13-movie-I-ever-saw in 1985 (Once Bitten). Hahahaha. I'm pretty sure this movie falls ten steps below Weird Science on the inaproppriate scale. Jim Carrey is 52 now. Maybe I should move this one to the first list.
9. Firefly July arriving at my doorstep via Amazon pre-order, aka when you order a book and promptly forget you ordered it until the day it shows up. O happy day! (and yes, it is wonderful)
10. Being within a week of all three girls finishing up their current piano books and moving to the next level. Home-piano-ing: not for the faint of heart, but maybe our hearts are stronger than we thought.