1. This girl turned 12 last week, and I am feeling all sorts of panic about SIX MORE YEARS and kid time is up. She is smart as a whip, happy to play in the mud, missing her French horn terribly, checking out far more books from the library than any normal human being can possibly read, working on Für Elise for piano, and proud of her multiple bruises and rips and scrapes earned at gym. We celebrated her birthday by eating crawfish for lunch with live Zydeco in the background, and are extending her birthday celebration by going to see Maleficent tomorrow with some friends. I made the best invitations but they are totally in violation of copyright so I will not share them here. Heh.
2. While at the post office this morning in Shreveport I discovered that instead of cutting up my credit card (which had to be replaced after some tree lover mysteriously tried to charge $6600 worth of trees at a nursery in California) I cut up my debit card, which happened to be the same color. This can only mean one of two things: I am not getting enough sleep, or USAA ought to spring for another color besides blue for all its cards. Actually, it probably means both things. The post office lady was not really into hearing the story, even though I tried to explain it to her.
4. Bridget had what we hope was her last ENT visit for a while (forever?) this week. She was very excited, despite the fact that neither of us has ever had a single complaint about an ENT or audiologist she's seen in the last 5.5 years.
5. This week we learned that our house will be put up for sale and needs to be show ready and gussied up immediately, at the same time it needs to be torn apart and prepped for packers in three weeks. This makes my brain hurt.
6. I downloaded a free desktop app called Lost Photos tonight (and quickly paid $2.99 to get the full version). It finds every image buried in your email and extracts it into a folder. GOOD HEAVENS THERE ARE 2417 IMAGES IN THIS FOLDER ALREADY. Note: I only really delete completely worthless junk email and ads, so my inbox archive is enormous. But still—it's like Timehop exploded. I can only identify about 75% of the people and places pictured... huh. Here is a funny one someone emailed to me years ago:
7. I get to add ballpark #9 to the list next week! I will save that list for next week.
8. Summer gymnastics started this week: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 8-1. While that sounds like a lot (and explains why I was at the Shreveport post office at 8:05 am) Maddie and Gracie are just loving it. And, they come home, eat lunch, and put themselves to nap like they did when they were little, which is kind of funny. We are all trying not to count how many days are left until they have to leave this wonderful gym. I have a monster gymnastics post percolating about our experience there this year...
9. I like this picture.
10. I wrapped up the last of the content for The Phone Photography Project 2 this week! I can hardly bear the wait until July 17... good thing I have house showings, packers, a moving truck, unloading a house two states away, and a trip to Disney to distract me until then. Hahahaha [thud]