1. I have a sore throat.
2. Tylenol is the most potent medicine I can take for it.
3. It occurred to me today as the ice cream truck man did his daily four hour run in our neighborhood that he only plays one song. And that song is Turkey in the Straw. Which is a song I associate with my Grandma Watson. This makes me even more irritated with him.
4. Gracie didn't take a nap today, for reasons I cannot explain. She was a real sweetheart by dinnertime, let me tell you.
5. I am out of clothes for tropical California. Not out of clothes as in I need to do laundry, but rather out of clothes appropriate for the sweltering heat because I have reached the end of the maternity sizes available to me. And my due date is M a y 7. If it would drop to the 50s, or even the 60s, I would still have options. But at 84º, I have very little options left.
6. Osmond's Pies closed in Stow, Ohio. Hmph.
7. Have I ever mentioned our cat, Ella?
8. Whining makes my ears bleed.
9. I don't have enough time in the day. OK, I realize this is a standard complaint, but I have to say that it feels much more like an acute problem right now.
10. We (I) have lost some Very Important Papers, ones that I have torn our house apart three different times now to find without any luck. I remember having them in a parking lot last June, and now they are gone. I may misplace things from time to time, but never Very Important Papers. My track record for the past 12 months is as follows: Lost—one wedding ring not belonging to me, one set of Very Important Papers. Found—neither.
I had a very good time in Portland, but I will have to make notes to self on another day because today I'm afraid I would focus too much on how tired my feet were while I was there and how far the bathrooms were from any given location. Tomorrow is a new day.