1. I never watched American Idol until last year. I'm such an American Idol idiot that when my friend Rebecca told me she saw some major American Idol star in the airport at CHA last year, I had no idea who it was. I still can't remember his name.
2. Then I was pregnant with Bridget and writing a book at the same time, and all my remaining brain cells were so weak they simply couldn't resist the siren song of Ryan Seacrest's ever-chirpy dialogues. And I so badly wanted LaKisha Jones to win.
3. Neither Matt nor I have ever voted for our favorite singers.
4. Nor do we ever intend to.
5. Hypothetically speaking, however, Matt will not vote for anyone who mugs for the camera when the number goes up on the screen. Want to hold your hands up to show that you're number 7? Make a face? NO VOTE FOR YOU.
6. Do you think Paula Abdul has vodka in her Coca-Cola cup?
7. I was totally moved by the Utah boy's flashback video last night, where he belts out some song in an airport for the then-current American Idol contestants when he was only 11.
8. I don't think the Utah boy is going to win, though.
9. I am happy that there is an heir to creepy James Blunt—that Australian guy, Michael Johns, who sang the Doors last week (I missed him last night, though. Was he still good?) James Blunt totally gives me the willies with his lack of understanding about not looking directly into the camera during a performance.
Quit LOOKING at me, James Blunt!
10. Prediction for the winner: Syesha Mercado.
*Yes, I am aware it is Wednesday. If I have ten things to say, I just pretend.