1. I was right about David Archuleta, sadly. I was rooting for him to win, despite the fact that I predicted he probably wouldn't. Ah well, not a bad choice to be made between the two of them, really. I skipped the hoopla of the final elimination show and went to a movie tonight instead.
2. Speaking of which, I went to a movie tonight with Jill and Deb: Then She Found Me. We all liked it. We also were all startled by how old and thin Helen Hunt looked. I say this knowing she probably won't be reading. Just in case, though—we all still love you, Helen. But how can you be 44 already? And Matthew Broderick is 46? And perhaps most startling of all: it's been 25 years since War Games came out? How is this even possible?!?
3. After the movie, we went to Busboys and Poets and I had some apple pie and ice cream that was exceptionally good.
4. Maddie warned me this would happen if I read this book too much to Bridget:
5. Gracie continues to be obsessed with Cariboo. I suppose it is the game I would choose if I had to pick one game to play while stranded on a deserted island with a three year old. It sure wouldn't be Chutes and Ladders. I still haven't recovered from the trauma caused by trying to teach Maddie how to play Chutes and Ladders when she was three.
6. Maddie asked for tickets to a show of some sort for her birthday. We are going to see a show here in July. Doesn't that look like fun? She is also getting double-dutch jump ropes, plus a few other small things. Did you know there is an American Double Dutch League? Me neither, until tonight. I am excited for her to learn how—I have very good memories of time spent double-dutching in the summers. She also requested mud pie with gummi worms in lieu of cake.
7. I am about to become a bread-baking fool.
8. Juliette is coming to stay with her Aunt Elizabeth for a whole week this summer! She is bringing her mama, too.
9. I discovered that Bridget likes hummus this week. Hummus! She won't drink milk or juice out of a cup, but she was practically biting my finger in search of more hummus. She is also a huge fan of avocados, unlike her sister Gracie, who still wouldn't touch an avocado if it was the last food on earth.
10. Time for bed.