1. I have no business posting ten things right now, because I have a number of things to finish up for my Big Picture class. And vacation laundry to tackle. And bills to pay. And summer reading program lists to update. And. And. And.
2. One of my former students recently returned to the United States after teaching for two years at a boarding school in India, and to celebrate he and his mama are taking a tour of midwestern baseball parks. Today they visited Jacobs Field. (Nyah, nyah, corporate America, you can't make me call it Progressive Field.) If I had been able to swing it, I would have driven back to attend the game with them—their family has treated me like an honorary family member for over ten years. Instead, I just got sniffly over the summary.
6. Project 365 + 1 is not dead. It is...hibernating. Just until the "And" list is a little more manageable. Updating will be my reward.
7. In a long tradition of cracking myself up with my sense of humor, I tucked a small box of Wasabi inside the package of clothes for Juliette I sent Katherine last week. Perhaps Katherine will tell the story—I am too busy laughing.
8. We will be without water for 6-12 hours on Wednesday so the county can fix the sewers on our street. This makes me irrationally grouchy. But I would probably be more grouchy if the sewer exploded.