2. Just before a little weekend ballet show that resembled living room gymnastics a lot more than ballet. Don't think too hard about the fact that Bridget is borrowing a leotard that is in Gracie's active rotation, and that it pretty much fits. It won't be long before those two will be sharing clothes.
3. Georgie turned 8 (8!!) and invited her friends to help celebrate at her Tae Kwon Do gym. Gracie and Maddie had a great time, and the instructors were truly exceptional in every way. This was one of the funniest photos I took. They were practicing their kicks and reaction time. And giant Tae Kwon Do yells.
4. Gracie found the first crocuses at the park at the end of February.
5. And then it snowed on March 1. Finally!
6. 5.5 inches, according to my trusty Air Force ruler. Not bad. I don't think the Air Force's recruiting slogan has been "Aim High" in a very, very long time.
7. My first attempt at the artisan bread in five minutes a day bread was a smashing success. It is as easy and as good as they promise, even though I cheated and used my cutting board in place of a pizza peel.
8. Four days after a severe case of croup landed her in the emergency room, and three days before she was finally feeling better. She was trying to feel better here, though, and it seemed kind of mean to keep her locked up inside when it was 70º outside this past weekend. For the record, this was the first ER visit we've made in almost seven years of parenting. Now, to be fair, we did have to call poison control once with Maddie (for eating plant food) and 911 once for Gracie (that tale is documented here). So glad Bridget was able to round out the emergency services.
9. Marie and Lily came over to witness the complete deterioration of our household caused by two straight weeks of sickness, and it was nice to have the distraction. Poor Lily: every time she visits us for the rest of her life she will hear about the time she hated us, our house, our food, our hugs, our toys, and the very air we breathed, and how amazingly different (and fun) she is now. (She was cute and adorable and loved at 21 months, but "fun" might be pushing it).
10. Aren't they sweet?