1. I'm going to miss being able to pick up and go walking in DC when we don't live here anymore. I believe this is filed under the category "spoiled."
2. Bridget tried to jump into the water three times. I am glad I was not The One With the Child Who Fell In the Reflecting Pool today. (We didn't actually see anyone whose child did, but surely it has happened...)
3. Wow, do I ever have some dust problems with my camera. It took me ten minutes to clean the specks off this photo.
4. I've never taken a picture from this vantage point before (right next to the WWII Memorial)
5. Two ducks got out of the water—twice—to more closely inspect the two girls who were inspecting them. I would have taken a picture of that, but I was too afraid that if I reached for my camera, either a.) the ducks would start pecking Gracie and Bridget, or b.) Gracie and Bridget would start pecking the ducks. They were very close to us : )