1. Cold, rainy, grey day = Gracie napped on the red chair while Matt watched World Cup soccer in the afternoon
2. Matt, watching soccer underneath our favorite blanket, a wedding gift from Marie
3. Matt did not get to watch World Cup soccer in 2006 because we were moving from Colorado Springs to California and Adelphia took their good old time switching on our cable once we got there, so he missed the whole thing. He will not be missing much of it this time around. In 2002 he even went into work at 2:30 am with a few other people to watch a game.
4. Cold, rainy, grey, but also starting to look much greener.
5. Gracie's preschool teacher brought over a bouquet of flowers for Gracie from her garden on Friday, and they are lovely.
6. The bleeding hearts were looking awfully droopy in all the rain.
7. Collection of dress-up stuff waiting to go back upstairs.
8. We have a few bushes in the back yard that started to bloom—they don't look like normal lilacs, but they must be some kind of lilac variety because the flowers sure look and smell like lilacs.
9. Matt and I had a no-children-allowed function to attend on base so the girls got to have pizza with their babysitter. They seem to love her, which is good, and she's come back more than once...
10. Sleeping Maddie....
11. Sleeping Gracie... she was holding the balloon ribbon in her hand when I went into check on her.
12. Sleeping Bee....