1. Good news: I discovered that the fake frappuccino you can get at McDonald's is an acceptable (and cheaper) substitute than a real frappuccino at Starbucks. Bad news: I live one minute from the fastest McDonald's drive-through in the universe. Good news: I have resisted the temptation to return every day to get one. Bad news: For now.
Gracie made Sam a birthday card and wanted it to draw a transformer on it. We printed some pictures of transformers from the internet and she referred to them to come up with this one, which looks like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Transformer, no?
4. A full report of both the Marquette and Karahalis visits is forthcoming.
We went to the change of command ceremony on base last week; Matt's old boss, Gen Alston, is the new 20th AF commander. The girls liked the action parts, and not so much the speeches parts. Matt liked the part where he remembered marching in a change of command ceremony in 2000 when we lived here last time, and how he got to stand in the shade this time.
6. We are still #2 on the housing list. I am losing hope that we will get to move on base this summer.
7. Speaking of summer: 51º, grey, and misty drizzle does not equal summer, WYOMING. Please fix that for tomorrow.
9. Did you hear the good news? Someone is going to have a baby in 2011. Hint: it's not me.
10. OK internet, we have some very conflicting information from medical professionals about the best course of action to take with Bridget's extremely pronated feet. We're open to hearing about any experiences and tips regarding pediatric orthotics or Subtalar Arthroereisis surgery if you have them. We are not basing medical decisions on anecdotal comments from the internet. But we are trying to read and learn as much as possible, and goodness knows... the internet is a good place to start.