1. It finally came true:
I got to celebrate with some of my favorite people, though, who all pulled in just in time. We had a really good cake from a REAL bakery Matt found in town, and I wore my favorite sweater. It was a good night : )
2. A glimpse of our Thanksgiving:
This will require an actual photo album to document all the fun we had... celebrating, exchanging gifts, eating, cooking, hanging out, watching The Grounch Who Stole Christmas (according to Bridget), tie-dying t-shirts, playing hide and seek, going to holiday tea, watching football, checking out Christmas craft shows, attending the Christmas Parade... I think everyone needs three full days of naps to recover!
3. It's after Thanksgiving now, but you have to listen to Bridget singing one of the songs Gracie learned in kindergarten last week:
and this one too (she substituted "Gruffalo" for "buffalo," hee hee)
4. Today I'm sick as a dog and have something akin to a case of pink eye in both eyes (it's most likely just the cold, though I'm afraid I'm kind of like a scary monster no one would want to be near regardless) but all the late nights and fun with company were still worth it.
5. Maddie managed to pull off her book report visual that was due today:
6. I erased the November whiteboard calendar today, and am a little scared to write everything on it for December. It's shaping up to be a very busy month. All fun things. But busy all the same.
7. Do battery-operated window candles work better than the plug-in kind? Is there a variety that is best? I like putting candles in the windows, but we have a lot of windows and not enough plugs to pull it off here.
8. It's WCS For the Holidays time at Write.Click.Scrapbook. and it is going to be a really full month of good ideas if you are so inclined to look for good ideas at a scrapbooking site! I'm particularly excited about all three of my projects. Even if they still all exist in my head. Soon!
9. In related news, my craft room is complete. It finally hit complete status approximately 45 minutes before the Hunts arrived so it transformed into a bedroom right away, but Jill agrees: I will be leaving that craft room kicking and screaming. I have no pictures of it yet because it turned into Witch of Blackbird Pond banner-making central on Sunday and Monday night, but soon.
10. Bridget, Gracie and I drove around looking at lights last night during Maddie's piano lesson; we were all thrilled that our jackpot of Christmas lights exists again this year (two houses over by Maddie's piano teacher truly win the prize for most Griswold of all houses). One of them even has a radio station set up that you can tune in to while you're driving past. I took the iPod with us so we mostly relied on our own Christmas music... Gracie won ten gold stars for correctly identifying Louis Armstrong without even being asked first. : )