2. The snowmen are courtesy of Gracie (the smiling one and the possibly mustachioed one) and one of her two friends that came over today to craft (to make up for the fact that I got a fail in the birthday party planning department this year for Gracie, who I fully intended to plan a birthday party for, but then did not). Her other friend from school didn't get to finish before her mama picked her up, but I'm certain hers will turn out delightfully, too.
3. I have been inside some sort of mailing facility six times now this week (four yesterday alone)(not always sucessfully mailing anything because of lines and/or ridiculously inept employees), and because of a number of factors, I still have three more boxes to send tomorrow. There is a post office within walking distance of our house, practically, but I just don't think I can bring myself to go there because the postman who seems to run it and I don't really get along. Well, maybe he isn't aware of this fact, but I certainly am. But the girl at the UPS distribution center? She gets 10 gold stars.
4. Toffee = fail. I have been reading online about how to fix my ineptitude. How many pounds of butter and sugar will I ruin until I master this recipe so I can tell my grandma and father I have done so? As many as it takes, I guess.
5. Bridget is starting to develop a new superpower: the ability to sing entire songs with the correct lyrics. Like "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" and Maddie's school cheer, which as far as I can tell, she's only heard a handful of times a long time ago.
6. There has been an argument in our house this month about the correct lyrics to "We Wish You a Merry Christmas." Apparently, there are two versions because I learned it the same way Maddie has (to you and your kin) but today I saw the way Gracie's been singing it in print in Maddie's piano book (wherever you are) and that shut Maddie right up. She's been convinced that Gracie has been recklessly throwing classic lyrics out to satisfy her own whims.
7. We're going on a field trip to Egypt next week to see King Tut (at the Denver Art Museum) with playgroup. Happy day!
8. Our Christmas tree officially died last night. Yesterday = fine. Today = pre-kindling fire hazard. I've been watering faithfully. Hmph.
9. The squirrelzillas knocked off the big rock I put on top of the trash can so they could have another feast and spread it all over behind the house again.
10. Did you know Bridget's preschool Christmas party is tomorrow at McDonald's? Someone is very excited about this fact, and has told us nearly 20 times today... in between asking 20 more times if tomorrow is the day of the Christmas party. We certainly are lucky to have found this school which has taken such good care of the girls.