...from the fact that I still have a March banner up, no updated Project 365 photos since March 22, and stories about Louisiana including one that involved being caught in a flash flood not yet told, I hereby present a completely random Ten on Tuesday list about random music-related topics until I get it together.
1. I replaced my favorite Prince album tonight, finally: Sign 'O' the Times, 1987.
Next month I plan to replace my second-favorite Prince album, Parade, 1986. Don't judge.
2. I have an odd tradition of playing Bob Marley's Legend in entirety once each year, only in the spring.
3. I associate Quiet Riot with rollerskating. When I went to Echo Hills in sixth grade, you could either declare yourself as a Quiet Riot fan or a Twisted Sister fan, but not both. At school rollerskating parties you sat out when the wrong band was played. Van Halen was acceptable for everyone to love.
3a. Yes, my school had regular rollerskating parties. In elementary school, at Skate 8. In middle school, at Rocky's. Maddie, Gracie, and Bridget will set foot in an establishment like Rocky's never.
3b. It is a great sadness that my children are coordinated enough to ricochet themselves off itty-bitty beams high up in the air, but cannot rollerskate to save their lives.
4. #4 is where I declare my undying, eternal love for The Allman Brothers.
5. Pink Floyd is the most depressing band of all time.
6. I love African highlife guitar.
7. I own an album called The Indestructible Beat of Soweto. It's very good.
8. I do not like Nirvana even one tiny bit, but I love Foo Fighters. This exasperates Matt to no end.
9. I don't like Elton John even one tiny bit either.
10. Aufschwung by Robert Schumann is my all-time favorite composition for piano.
Happy Tuesday :) Be back soon.