1. It is ridiculously windy this week. I was afraid someone's dog might blow past the window yesterday, it was so bad. Last night Bridget and I got back from dropping off Maddie and Gracie at the gym and Hawthorn House was gone—I searched the yard and the 20th AF parking lot for it, but as it turns out Matt was home for a few minutes before he had to go back out and pushed it into the garage (because it had already blown away from its spot underneath the trees). Today Bridget suggested we just hang out in the car until it stopped, until I told her that would probably be tomorrow. If we're lucky.
2. We had a fine, fine, time for our second annual Presidents' Day Weekend in Colorado Springs trip for Georgie's eleventh birthday. We've celebrated her 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th, 10th, and now 11th birthday with her. That's pretty impressive for a bunch of Air Force transients. It's hard to believe that Maddie, Georgie, and Thea were 1, 2, and 3 when they met!
We did a lot of hanging out, and a lot of eating. And drinking milk. Oh, how we miss our Royal Crest milk.
3. There was also a brief opportunity for some playgroup mamas to meet up. I miss them way more than Royal Crest milk. We hit the movies and Mimi's, and it was just like old times. Nicole and I noted that we have known each other a very, very long time—since August 1996.
4. We didn't get to see everyone we know and love in Colorado Springs, but we did get to hang out with our old, dear neighbors for a bit—and briefly see some more playgroup friends, too. Gracie and Spencer are both 7! And I'm convinced that Bridget and Lauren are going to grow up believing that they were neighbors too, and be totally confused to discover someday that they weren't even born before we'd already moved away.
5. We got home five minutes ahead of my planned arrival time on Monday. And then I promptly chained Maddie to her science fair board so she could finish it up. We are both glad her first experience with science fair is behind her. : )
6. My camera battery was extra-extra charged upon our return, because I left it in the charger at home on accident. Awesome.
7. My trusty Cusinart blender officially gave up the ghost tonight. It was ten years old, which I think probably translates to 50 in blender years. I put the Ebay King on it—he already has a list of new trusty blender candidates for me.
8. It pays to be married to the Ebay King in so many ways.
9. Bridget made this amazing Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly today at preschool:
The only problem? [whispering: It is totally going to give me nightmares of Insane Clown Posse-esque proportions if I hang it up. I just can't do it. And this makes me a very bad mama.] But look at that lovely painting job she did on the dress and shoes!
10. I was searching for a picture of Hawthorn House to link to (I know it's in here somewhere) and found this funny thing I said about competitive gymnastics. Thanks, blog, for the healthy serving of crow. Ha.