I'm not sure where the time goes with this Take Twelve project... wasn't it just February 12? I decided to play along with the "luck and fortune" theme for March today—there are so many things I feel lucky and fortunate to have in my life, but these are the twelve things that made it into the collage on this particular day. : )
1. It's bracket-filling out day! Oh, how I love March. Wyoming made it into the CBI (maybe next year they can make it back to the big tournament—they're returning with some serious potential) and we'll be rooting loudly against North Dakota State on Wednesday, ha. This marks the 15th or 16th year I've been invited into the dear MacKenzie Family pool (I shared the title last year!) and we all know the Willis Family pool can be obnoxious as all get out. Thanks to Audrey, I'm definitely throwing a vote of confidence Murray State's way... at least until the Sweet 16.
2. We feel so fortunate to have landed at the girls' preschool. We don't know what we'll do without them next year. Thanks JGB for the reccommendation so long ago!
3. Maddie was home sick today (and spent the glorious, warm weekend suffering from a nasty fever and general unpleasantness brought on by illness). She is lucky and fortunate to have a sweet little sister like Bridget, who invited her over for some princess entertainment to get her mind off her sickie status. She should be back to school tomorrow.
4. I love my craft room (which is occasionally turned into the guest room). I especially love the mantel and fireplace in there (even though it doesn't work and if you look closely, is extremely scary inside). I might chain myself to it when it's time to move.
5. And speaking of which, I feel very fortunate to get to borrow this house for a while. Thank you, Air Force.
6. Oh, silly little tiger lily shoots... WHAT ARE YOU THINKING??!? I know it FEELS like springtime out there, but it's just folly to believe we've really arrived at spring on March 12 in Wyoming. I suppose I should just feel lucky that we had warm weather for a while.
7. We are so lucky to have a park in the middle of the circle. We have the best location on base by far.
8. I always feel fortunate to live in the United States, and lucky to be married to someone who serves and defends it.
9. I am so glad we own a piano, even if it is a used one from somewhere in South Dakota and is a little on the beat-up side. I feel fortunate that Maddie seems to enjoy learning to play; I doubt she will ever play in Carnegie Hall (I just finished reading Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother today) but hopefully it will still serve her well.
10. Oh, iPhone, how happy/lucky/fortunate I am to have you. xxoo
12. I know, how ridiculous, but boy do I feel fortunate that I was able to get out to buy two gallons of milk today. Because we couldn't go another day without milk in this house : )
Don't forget to link up your collages/pages to my post over at The Daily Trumpet for a chance to win this month's sponsor prize from Persnickety Prints! Still on the fence about participating in the Take Twelve photography challenge? You can start any month of the year—there are no rules : ) Check out the Take Twelve Guided Inspiration Kit over at Ella Publishing Co. for more information!