1. Since the beginning of March, Bridget has been attending one afternoon of kindergarten prep in addition to her regular 7.5 hours/week of morning preschool. It is hard to express how much she loves all-day preschool; she counts down all week to it. She gets to take her backpack with her lunch, and some of her favorite friends are there all day, too. I have been trying to cram in some extra projects in the time she is there. Running is supposed to be one of those projects, but I have somehow trashed my right knee this week : ( Trying to rest it so I don't have to drop out of my first 5K (next weekend) since the ill-fated disaster that was the Ohio Derby 5K in 1993.
2. Coffee and phone = necessity. Especially today.
3. Extra project #1 for the day: I am working with a vintage/antiques shop in town to build them a Typepad website. I had a meeting there to go over the big reveal and get notes for changes. I love the things the owner has in her shop—this cool chair was new since last time I was there.
4. Extra project #2 for the day: I did a newborn shoot for a new baby in the 'hood. It was fun. And extremely exhausting : )
5. Had to stop at the Bread Basket after picking up Bee to pick up something for later in the evening; she scored an M&M cookie on this visit.
6. By the time she gets home on Thursday she is ready to flop down for Word Girl, her favorite show.
7. Maddie, after school; she was fixing her own snack when I snuck up on her with my camera.
8. We don't usually do much after-school TV on piano/gymnastics nights (which means M-Th) because there is so little time in between but sometimes by Thursday Gracie is in desperate need of some TV time.
9. Maddie took a picture of the clouds on the way to the gym. We do have some pretty stellar cloud formations around here.
10. It is fund drive time for Wyoming Public Radio; not my favorite time of year though we are members and we definitely see the value in pledging our support—I just wish everyone would hurry up and donate so it didn't last so long : ) However, on this particular afternoon, I actually stayed in the parking lot before getting out to listen to the Ira Glass fund drive commercial in which he called a hot dog company CEO (I think it was the CEO) in Chicago to illustrate how difficult it is to run a business on the NPR model. It was hilarious. Did you hear it?
11. Bridget and I had to pick up some ice cream cakes at Culver's after dropping off the other two; it was a big secret for her to keep, that we were crashing Matt's staff meeting on Friday with these cakes in hand. It also provided an interesting opportunity to talk about what kinds of secrets are OK to keep and what kinds of secrets are not OK to keep.
12. I am subbing for the spouses' club bunko group this year, and this was the group shot before we started for the night. I have a rocky relationship with bunko, but this group is awfully nice and making up for the awful experience that bunko was ten years ago here :P
Don't forget to link up your collages/pages to my post over at The Daily Trumpet for a chance to win this month's sponsor prize from Muvazi Skincare. Still on the fence about participating in the Take Twelve photography challenge? You can start any month of the year—there are no rules : ) Check out the Take Twelve Guided Inspiration Kit over at Ella Publishing Co. for more information!