1. It's Wednesday. I know.
2. I don't recommend forgetting to put the gold filter in the coffee maker before setting the timer the night before. The coffee will be drinkable, but not very desirable.
3. Did I mention we had to replace our beloved Cuisinart coffee maker because the cabinets come down so low in this kitchen that it didn't fit? This wasn't even a problem in The 1938 House. I guess we could have just kept it on the dining room table, but... now it's ground coffee for us because ain't nobody got time to grind beans separately this year. We bought a DēLonghi coffeemaker because it was short.
4. It works out for Matt to pick up Maddie today; it also isn't a gym day, so Gracie and Bridget ride the bus to Little Korea (their Monday/Wednesday afternoon bus stop is like momentarily being in South Korea). THIS MEANS I DON'T HAVE TO DRIVE DOWNTOWN TODAY. It feels like I've won the lottery.
5. Are we the only people who are shocked and saddened by the killing-off of the 160 GB iPod Classic? I think we might be. Ours is a 2008 model. It can't last forever, and there won't be a replacement.
6. I KNOW I'm not the only person shocked and saddened by the killing-off of Aperture. The Aperture user websites I frequent are full of people like me. This might be the first time I've ever been dreading the big September Apple announcements, because it's been looming for months.
7. Oh, princess. I'm sorry.
8. Homemade watermelon sorbet: a huge hit. That Jeni is splendid, alright.
9. Maddie got all haughty with me yesterday about my lackadaisical attitude toward the Metric system. What can I say? What you're like as a 4th grader will pretty much be what you're like as a 41 year old, and I remember very distinctly not caring that much about the Metric system back then, either. Heh.
10. There are so many good movies coming up! Gracie most recently pointed out this one: