I can't believe that this is the final installment of the 2012 Take Twelve Project. Last December at this time I was scrambling to finish up the Take Twelve Guided Inspiration Kit... this December I'm just scrambling. : )
1. Things I don't get tired of taking pictures of with my phone: skies and trains. I especially love when it looks like the buildings on the horizon are glowing.
2. Maddie, out the door the first time. She forgot her lunch, so she had to run back with unwieldy French horn in hand to retreive it.
3. I don't just read the sports page for MLB and NCAA basketball news anymore. Ahem.
4. This dog might be taking advantage of us. How can we resist such prim and proper manners?
5. We went out to The Albany downtown for lunch with Grandma and Grandpa. I have always wanted to go there.
6. The Albany isn't the only thing in this photo since 1942.
7. Today's secondary theme: the French horn. Here, in gold tinsel, against western skies. Right after taking this picture we went into Wyoming Home to gawk at all the beautiful things for a half hour.
8. No trip downtown with out-of-towners is complete without a stop at The Wrangler. Santa is making a guest appearance there this month.
9. Because Grandma and Grandma had to leave Thursday morning, Gracie got to open part of her birthday presents on Wednesday night. It's a thrill to get your birthday age in dollar bills : )
10. After the partial present-opening, we hightailed it out to Maddie's band concert. There are three French horn players at her school this year. It is a little... how should I say it... challenging to sit through a full band of beginners first concert. Maddie sounds pretty good on her own, though!
11. The fourth and final French horn-themed picture: Maddie got tickled by the story of Matt hearing ghostly French horn music about 11:30 on Tuesday night... he couldn't figure out where it was coming from, and we gave him a hard time the next morning about a French horn ghost. Turns out she had put in her French horn CD that came with her band book before bed, and it is rather long-running. : )
12. The night Grandma arrived we went to the WSC Arts & Crafts meeting to make these Christmas card wreaths, and the last night before Grandma had to go home we finished them. They need a little repair before using, though—hot glue is not 100% effective. I have a solution, just need to find some time to execute it. Time is not in abundance right now. [Understatement of 2012]
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••Don't forget to link up your collages/pages to my post over at The Daily Trumpet for a chance to win this month's sponsor prize: three journals from Compendium. Want to give the Take Twelve challenge a try in 2013? Check out the Take Twelve Guided Inspiration Kit over at Ella Publishing Co. for more information.