From left to right:
1. Gracie and Bridget turned the new computer shipping box into "The Doll Cafe and Other Things" box and spent some quality time shoving couch pillows and some blankets and themselves in it.
2. Snowy mornings are my favorite and best (at least during winter, that is).
3. Maddie and Gracie played legos in Gracie's room for a while...
4. Gracie's Valentine cards; she illustrated them herself. I think I'll add them over to the project album soon.
5. A carnation from The Great Science Fair Project of 2012. Maddie's project involves testing synthetic and natural dyes on flowers. I don't think she has any great aspirations to go into the floral business when she grows up, but it's been a fun first-ever science fair project for her. The kitchen was trashed on Saturday after we spent three hours concocting all her dyes. Heh.
6. Bridget's Valentine cards—they turned out beautifully and she wrote "Love, Bridget" on every single one.
7. Our kitchen was like the mad scientist kitchen this weekend; Maddie wanted to make the scratch-off Valentine cards I saw in a BHG email, so we mixed up the paint base to do it. The paint mix was perfect—I was actually really surprised at how well it turned out!
8. We decided we were far enough along in the science fair/Valentine cards stuff to take a few hours to go sledding at Happy Jack Recreation area. It was a beautiful day—a ton of snow up there and no wind. I have a mini-twelve set of Instagram pictures forthcoming on that adventure...
9. More of the same
10. We had mac and cheese for dinner, which is the perfect thing to eat after trudging up a mountainside all afternoon. We usually have enough leftover for one lucky person to take it for lunch the next day, but not this time. Trudging up a mountainside all afternoon = everyone was starving.
11. Maddie tried out her scratch-off Valentine and it worked like a charm!
12. Many of you will question the wisdom of introducing Gracie Dillow to Pippi Longstocking, but...
Don't forget to link up your collages/pages to my post over at The Daily Trumpet for a chance to win this month's sponsor prize from Stampin' Up! Still on the fence about participating in the Take Twelve photography challenge? You can start any month of the year—there are no rules : ) Check out the Take Twelve Guided Inspiration Kit over at Ella Publishing Co. for more information!